How Can I Find U.S Employment Visa Sponsorship?

  • The US is a powerful global force and powerhouse of innovation. The promise of the American dream and of success attracts people from all over the world
  • If you have moved to the USA for Post Graduate Studies and want to find work in the USA, you will eventually need H-1B
  • If you want to move from another country to work in the USA, you will need to apply for an H-1B Visa petition with USCIS
  • You can have relevant work experience and the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from your home country to be eligible for H-1B

It is a long process and needs elaborate planning and documentation to prove your eligibility. You must also find a willing employer to hire you and sponsor you to work in the USA

Can I Self Petition for H-1B?

  • Some of these visas, such as the EB-1 visa allow self-petitioning
  • This means that in such cases if you have such extraordinary abilities you can sponsor your own visa
  • You must submit all the documents and pay the fees yourself

Other visas, such as the EB-5 visa only work through self-petitioning, it is an investor visa

You cannot self-petition for most categories of H1B. You have to find a sponsor to file your H-1B petition.

The H-1B visa is also called a Person in Specialty Occupation Visa.

This means that you qualify for the H1B visa if you are accepted in a specific job position that has the following requirements:

  • Possession of an advanced educational degree such as:
    • A 4 four-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degrees)
    • A Master’s or Doctoral Degree
  • Advanced training or vocational skills (examples include fashion models)
  • Qualify to work in research and development projects of the US Department of Defense or other government positions.
  • Examples of job positions might be:
    • IT specialists
    • Architects
    • Accountants
    • Professors
    • Doctors
    • Lawyers
  • The H-1B work visa is always initiated by an employer in the United States
  • The employer must have an open job position and they cannot find an American employee who is qualified enough to complete the work
  • This can be any position that requires higher education degrees or that is specialized enough in skills that not many people can do it successfully

Options to Find an H-1B Visa Sponsorship

  1. Look for employers who also sponsor H1B for open job offers
  2. Search H-1B Visa Sponsors Database
  3. Find an Internship, and eventually progress to an H-1B visa
  4. Contact Boutique IT Consulting Companies in the USA or in your country of residence
  5. Find Jobs at American Universities or non-profits


  1. Employers Who Sponsor for H1B

    • You can also look at US job site like Dice, Monster, CareerBuilder
    • Once you apply and get an offer, then you can seek them for H1B sponsorship to apply for a petition for the next year
    • Some employers categorically mention that they will not sponsor H1B, and only hire permanent residents or citizens. Those companies might not be the best fit for scouting for H1B
    • Whereas some high-tech companies do not mention citizenship or permanent residency as a criterion for job offer, those companies are likely candidates for H1B Sponsors
  1. Search H1B Visa Sponsors Database

    • Search for Companies in the
    • H1Bgrader collects numerous data points from the US Department of Labor (DOL) and USCIS related to H1B Sponsors that every H1B seeker can benefit from
    • Once you click on the search bar for H1B sponsors, it will give you a list of Top H-1B sponsors
    • You can also search for sponsors by company name, state, city.
    • You can browse the H1B companies list by  H1B Job Titles, City, etc.
    • You can view H1B Salaries by company
    • If you know the company, then you can look at the LCAs’ details to see what kind of jobs they have filed H1Bs in the last 10 years
  1. Find an Internship, and Eventually Progress to H1B visa

  • Find an internship in companies that Sponsors H-1Bs
  • Always make sure that the company that you pick up an internship from is willing to sponsor an H-1B visa
  • Do not bring up visa issues when you are applying for an internship
  • You can give a hint at the final stages, and ask for future sponsorship opportunities
  • Attend Job Fairs and visit your career center in school to find such opportunities
  1. Contact Specialized IT Consulting Companies in the USA or in Your Country of Residence

  • Use your personal network to evaluate roles in small companies
  • Beware of companies that ask for a hefty fee to file H1B for you, that practice is not legal
  • USCIS closely monitors small contracting companies that scouts for H-1B in their home countries
  1. Find a Job at an American University

  • Find an Academic or research Institution like University, they don’t have an annual cap
  • Since academic institutions do NOT fall under H1B Visa annual cap restrictions, they can sponsor anyone as long as they believe that you are the right candidate
  • It is a great option for anyone on an H4 visa or F1 Visa if you like to work at a school

Note: You cannot transfer this type of H-1B to a regular cap-subject H-1B

If you miss the cap start date in April and join a University, then you would need to wait until next year for moving out to a for-profit company

We work with Tech Companies of all sizes to solve employment-based immigration issues. if your future employer has never used H-1B to hire for a hard to fill a position, please send them to us. We can plan a timeline and provide general consultation about the H-1B process. If you have any question or comments about H-1B eligibility or have questions about the Green Card procedure in general, you can schedule a consultation with us:

Schedule a call at 469-994-9407  or contact us using the form.