H-1B Initial Electronic Registration Selection Process Completed!
What does It Mean For the Applicants?
- USCIS has received enough electronic registrations during the initial period to reach the FY 2021 H-1B numerical allocations (H-1B cap)
- USCIS randomly selected from among the registrations properly submitted
USCIS intends to notify petitioners with selected registrations no later than March 31, 2020, that they are eligible to file an H-1B cap-subject petition for the beneficiary named in the applicable selected registration.
Registrants’ online accounts will now show one of the following statuses for each registration (that is, for each beneficiary registered):
- Submitted: A registration status may continue to show “Submitted” after the initial selection process has been completed. “Submitted” registrations will remain in consideration for selection until the end of the fiscal year, at which point all registration statuses will be Selected, Not Selected, or Denied
- Selected: Selected to file an FY 2021 H-1B cap-subject petition.
- Denied: A duplicate registration was submitted by the same registrant for the same beneficiary, or a payment method was declined and not reconciled. If denied as a duplicate registration, all registrations you submitted for this beneficiary for the fiscal year are invalid.
Who Can File H-1B Cap-Subject Petitions?
- Only petitioners with selected registrations may file H-1B cap-subject petitions for FY 2021, and only for the beneficiary in the applicable selected registration notice
- H-1B cap-subject beneficiaries, including those eligible for the advanced degree exemption, must have a valid “Selected” registration notification for that specific fiscal year in order for a registrant or representative to properly file an H-1B cap-subject petition
- The status of registrations that are not selected as part of any initial random selection process, and not denied or invalidated, will remain as “Submitted.”
- Registrants and representatives that are not selected will not be notified until after USCIS has determined that they have reached the H-1B cap for that fiscal year
Who Will Get The Notification?
- Only the employer or attorney would get a notification of the same that the application they submitted for was selected in the H1B registration
- The employer would need to login into the USCIS H1B registration system to view the H1B registration Selection notice
- They can view the same by clicking on the “View Notice” and it has all the details regarding the H1B selection like where they need to file when they need to file
What will the Notification Look Like?
The H-1B Registration Selection Notice will be an I-797C Notice of Action, that is similar to any other like 797C Receipt Notice. It would be of Case Type “H-1BR – H1B REGISTRATION”
It Will Look Like The Form Below:
What is the 797C Form?
- USCIS uses numerous types of Form I-797 to communicate with applicants/petitioners or convey an immigration benefit
- Form I-797 is NOT a form you can fill out.
USCIS will send Form I-797C, Notice of Action, to an applicant/petitioner in order to communicate information related to notices of:
- re-open, and
- appointment (fingerprint, biometric capture, interview, rescheduled).
Explanation of Various Fields on H-1B FY 2022 Registration Selection Notice
- Beneficiary Confirmation Number :
- This confirmation number is the long number that would have been generated when the H-1B Registration was submitted by your employer or attorney
- Please note: It cannot be used to check your registration status on the USCIS website
- It is only meant for Internal tracking and lottery purposes
- For FY 2022 season, it usually starts with 2022
2. Case Type :
- This indicates the case type of the form. In the H-1B registration case, it will be “H-1BR – H1B REGISTRATION”
3. Received Date :
- This is the date when your employer or sponsor submitted the H-1B registration online in the registration system
4. Priority Date :
- This will be blank as it is not applicable.
5. Prospective Petitioner :
- This will be the employer name or the company name that is sponsoring your H-1B visa petition for the applicant
6. Notice Date
- This is the date when the employer or sponsor was notified regarding the H-1B Registration Selection
- It can be anywhere from 3/27/2020 to 3/31/2020
7. Page :
- You will see 1 of 2 on the first page. There are only two pages in the registration notice.
8. Beneficiary :
- This is the actual H-1B Applicant or Employee for whom the H-1B visa petition has to be submitted to USCIS
9. Company Name and Mailing Address :
- Below these fields, you will see a box with the Company Name and address of the Company
10. Notice Type :
- It will say “Registration Selection”. It will be the same on the official copy and the courtesy notice
Underneath The “The fiscal Year 2022 Selection” You Will Find:
- Company ID, Name :
- You will see the details telling that Company ABC
- With Employer ID number XYZ submitted a registration for XXX ( Date of Birth XXX) and it was selected for FY 2022 H-1B cap
- It will also have a confirmation number starting with 2022-…
2. Filing Dates
- It will indicate the filing dates for the H1-B Petition from 4/1/2021 to 6/30/2021 and indicate the location to file H-1B
3.Service Centre Details :
- This is the service center that you need to file the H-1B petition on the dates given above
- USCIS will also indicate that you need to submit a copy of this notice as well along with the petition
Note: It is important to file it at the same location listed in the registration notice
4. Validity of the Registration :
- The registration for H-1B is valid for FY 2022 season and for ABC company (your employer that is)
- It will also have the applicant name XXX with the passport and date of birth of the applicant in it
Please note: You cannot substitute the registration for others or transfer the registration to others. USCIS may reject the petition if not properly filed
I Have Not Heard anything on H-1B Selection Until Now, am I not Selected?
You need to wait until March 31st, 2021 for the first round. If you do not hear anything, then you are very likely not selected in the first round
Is the FY 2022 H-1B Registration Selection Notice Physical Copy?
- It is not a physical copy, hence it will not be mailed
- It is an electronic Notice that is generated online
- Your employer can get it by downloading it online from the selected status location
- You need to click on “View Notice” to download the same
Curious if you are eligible for H-1B or have questions about H-1B?
You can also fill out this contact form and schedule your consultation with one of our attorneys, or Schedule a Consultation at 469-994-9407